Minors' License Requirements
- 15 1/2 years of age.
- Complete driver’s education at an approve DMV school.
- Pass the written test at any DMV site.
- Cannot drive alone.
- Must have permit for at least 6 months and train for 6 hours with a licensed driver’s instructor prior to DMV road test.
- Practice 50 hours with a licensed parent or guardian 25 years of age or older prior to road test.
- 16 years of age.
- Have held instruction permit for at least 6 months.
- Provide a parent’s or guardian’s signature on your instruction permit verifying that you have completed 50 hours of driving practice (of which 10 hours must be night driving).
- Provide training certificate verifying you have completed 6 hours of training with licensed instructor.
- Pass the behind the wheel test at any DMV location.